The Bacchis was originally built as the 2,494 GRT Cargo Ship Consul Arlt built at Weser Seebeck Schiffwerft, Bremerhaven, Germany, for Preussenlinie Arlt & Co K.G., Bremen, Germany (Managed by Ivers and Arlt). Completed in December of 1950, the ship was 89.3 meters in length, 13.2 meters in beam, with a single triple-expansion engine and single shaft for a speed of 12 knots.
In 1962 the ship was sold to Ferraro Brothers, Callao, Peru, and renamed Consul.
Sold again in 1965 to N. Georgacopoulos, Greece, and renamed Evangelos.
Sold yet again in 1966 to Seamaster’s Sg. Co., Greece (or possibly Cyprus), and renamed Lion of Marathon that same year, renamed Lion of Mykonos in 1969, and then Bacchis in 1975.
The only information found concerning the ship’s loss is that she was lost in 09 August 1977 27.49.36N/33.39E off of Ashrafi Island. Another source states the ship was lost in 1983. Research ongoing.
Miramar Single Ship Report for 5078947