Sunday, May 9

Browsing: Red Sea Wrecks – F

The Farah II was a 2866 GRT Roll-On/Roll-Off (RO/RO) passenger ferry built at Aalborg Skipsværft A / S, Aalborg, Denmark Yard, No. 140, as the Prinsessan Margaretha for Swedish Rederi Ab Göteborg-Frederikshavn Linjen (The Sessan Line). Ordered in August 1961, the keel was laid on 09 April 1962. The ship was launched on 19 October 1963 and completed 22 March 1963 with a length of 91.3 meters, beam of 15.55 or 17.7 meters, and draught of 4.2 meters. Propulsion was provided by twin 6-cylinder Nohad-Polar Type M-66-T diesel engines for a speed of 16-18 knots. The ship could carry up to 1034 passengers, 140…

Share.