The Adamantia “K” was originally built as the 844 GRT cargo ship Marienburg at Bremer Vulkan Werke, Stettiner Oberwerke Stettin-Grabow (Yard No. 674) for the Neue Dampfer Companie, Stettin. Construction of the ship commenced in 1919 and was completed in May of 1920 with a length of 61.7 meters LPP (64-65 meters LOA), beam of 9.38 meters, and a draught of 3.85 meters. Propulsion was provided by a single 470-psi triple-expansion engine and a single screw for a speed of 9.5 knots. Crew compliment was 19 personnel.
In 1923 the ship was signed over to the Stettiner Dampfer Companie, Stettin (Paid off?)
And then sold to the Kohlen-Import & Poseidon Schiffahrt AG company in 1926 and renamed Koholyt.
While in the service of Kohlen-Import & Poseidon Schiffahrt AG, the ship was used in the evacuation of East German refugees in 1945 and re-home-ported to Kiel, Germany.
In 1946 she was sold to the Greek Government service and renamed Kastoria.
Transferred in 1948 to Loucas Nomicos, Piraeus and renamed Teti Nomicos.
And then, in 1953, she was sold to her final owner, Dimitrios Kopsastis, Piraeus, and renamed Adamantia K.
On 23 January 1948, while enroute to Piraeus from Port Sudan in ballast, the Adamantia K ran hard aground in the Fury Shoals at Hamata in the Abu Galawa reef system at approximate position 24.25N/35.20E. Stranded, she was written off as a total constructive loss.
Miramar Single Ship report for 5605148