The Cape Clear was a cargo ship of 5,085 GRT built at Lithgows Ltd. (Yard No. 906), Glasgow, Scotland, for Cape York Motorship Co., Ltd. (Lyle Shipping Co.), Glasgow, Scotland. Launched 08 May 1939, and completed the following August, the ship was 134.6 meters in length, 17.3 meters in beam, and 8.2 meters in draught. Propulsion was provided by a single diesel engine generating 599 nhp to a single screw for a speed of 12 knots.
Miramar Single Ship Reports for 1165968 and 2242412